Thursday, January 15, 2009

Arrival in San Jose

My flight left at 6:30 am.

and I stayed up all night packing.

I re-packed and re-packed so I could fit everything I could. After packing running clothes and dress clothes, there isn't too much room for anything else...

Once 3:55 am came around, the airport shuttle driver was at my door and I was off to DTW. I was perfectly fine until the ride to the airport, when I started nodding off and couldn't keep my eyes open. Manish, the graduate student I'm working with, quickly payed the driver and we ran out of the winter hell of Michigan, into the terminal. By the way, the new Detroit terminal isn't nearly as nice as McNamera. Just saying.

In a drowsy haze, we boarded the plane and wound up in Denver. Damn. Still cold. At least there were mountains to look at, but I was more concerned with getting on the next flight and getting back to sleep. I passed out cold the entire flight, and woke up to the glaring Sun-light and the jolt of the landing Airbus.

"Southern-California, Allllll right!" Exclaimed Manish (really embarrassingly loud).
"Its Northern California, dude", I corrected him. "We're in northern California."

We exited out of the back of the aircraft (weird)- and I walked down the staircase to the view of a massive mountain in the distance and 72 degree heat hitting me in the chest like a Lamarr Woodley tackle. Now, we're just waiting for an airport shuttle, keeping caffeinated, and trying to kill time. Its great sitting by the doors to the airport- whenever they open, its WARM air blasting my face instead of cold.

Its good to get out of the Midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment